*** Currently recruiting for Winter 2023 ***
Interested in joining my research team?
I am always looking for bright, curious, and enthusiastic students to be a part of my research team. Please email me to discuss research opportunities. Prior to applying to my group, it is encouraged that prospective research students first review my current research, and then to email me to chat on possibilities and openings.
When emailing, prospective students should also compose a cover letter as text in their email. The email should include the following:
- your CGPA;
- your research interests;
- relevant achievements, skills, and experience, and;
- an up-to-date CV in .PDF format.
I will reply if there is a fit!
Please Note: Due to the volume of emails I receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Innovative timber and timber-composite members
- Finite-element modelling of structural members subjected to blast loads and impacts (e.g. ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, ANSYS, OpenSees, blastFOAM)
- Innovative timber connections for maximizing ductility
- Retrofitting and strengthening of structural members
- Testing and modelling of full-scale structures subjected to dynamic loads
- Development of easily deployable modular timber and timber-composite structural systems
Undergraduate Research Assistants
If you are an undergraduate student in civil engineering at Carleton University or the University of Ottawa, and are interested in working with our team on research projects pertaining to protecting vulnerable infrastructure against extreme dynamics loads, feel free to reach out to me to discuss potential projects!
Undergraduate RA’s are heavily encouraged to learn about and apply for the NSERC USRA program. I would be happy to help with your application, or to simply answer questions on this grant program.